Saturday, March 10, 2012

Enemies and PlaymatesEnemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


"Enemies And Playmates" by Darcia Helle was a free Kindle ebook, and all things considered, I think it’s the only reason why I started reading it. I had no idea what the story was about or even what genre it was. That’s why, with no idea of what to expect, I began the story of Lauren and her family.

During the entire book, I had mixed feelings. The story had the potential to be a good mystery/thriller but I feel like the author missed out on the chance to let the book reach its full potential. Every now and then, the reactions of the characters felt unnatural, or lacked depth. Certain parts and scenes that seemed to be rather important for the story were only mentioned briefly before they got brushed off without expanding or exploration of all the different possibilities.

By the time I almost finished the story, I lost interest in it. It has been on my currently-reading shelf for over a month now and I just haven’t felt the need to continue it. I don’t like it when I don’t get to finish a story because I’m afraid I’ll miss out on something big. But, for some reason I just can’t get myself to continue with the last 2-3 chapters – at least, not now. I hope that in the future I’ll be able to pick up where I left off, because I feel like the story holds an important message and is about a topic that shouldn’t be ignored.

One day I will finish this book, just not now…

View all my reviews

No comments: