Monday, July 25, 2011

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Linger is, as it says at the end of the book itself, "the story of a boy who used to be a wolf, and a girl who became one"

"A nice read", this is the best, and the only way for me to describe "Linger" by Maggie Stiefvater.

This second book in the "Wolves of Mercy Falls" series is rather slow-paced and while reading I didn't feel like I 'had' to know what was going to happen. I didn't feel the 'need' to continue reading. But, nonetheless, I didn't stop reading because I wanted to know what would happen. Maybe it was more because I had a familiar feeling with the characters, like, because I knew them from Shiver that now I also wanted to know how their lives continued. Needing and wanting to continue to read a story are two different things, and while reading Linger, I didn't find myself sitting on the edge of my seat to find out what would happen when I turned the page.

Linger was, just like Shiver, written in a mixture of different perspectives. I'm not sure if this adds to the story or not, but it's what makes these books what they are. I think the point of view changes are what characterizes the books in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series and it seems to work for these books.

While reading "Linger", I came to the same conclusion as when I read "Shiver": I'm not the biggest fan of the "The Wolves of Mercy Falls" series, but I don't dislike the books either. The books are a nice read, but they don't keep me up at night. 'A nice read for when you feel like reading something light', that's the best way to describe how I feel about the books. 


Quotes:

- "Not dead - dying. Funny how two things could be so similar and yet so far apart." 

- "The entire room was so yellow that it looked like the sun had thrown up on the walls and wiped its mouth afterward on the dresser and curtains."

- "There was something awful about terror trapped behind silence."


View all my reviews

No comments: